Wednesday, August 4, 2021

13 Years Cancer-free today and now [hopefully] cured of Hyperparathyroidism too as of July 6, 2021!

Well, the world has changed drastically since I posted last in 2018, and much of it not for the better. I'll just skip over the shared horror of 2020 and get to the good news for today, August 4, 2021 which is my 13th anniversary of my soft-tissue sarcoma surgery which I consider my cancer-free date. Woo-hoo!

Thank you to all who prayed me through these hurdles, thank you Jesus, the Divine Physician, Our Lady, Undoer of Knots, St. Padre Pio, venerable Antonietta Meo (Nennolina), my guardian angel, and my amazing and wonderful surgeon, Dr. Shervin Oskouei and radiation oncologist Dr. Karen Godette, both at the Emory Winship Cancer Institute.

God is clearly not done with me just yet because after my third kidney stone (March 2021) I diagnosed myself with hyperparathyroidism and had surgery at the Norman Parathyroid Center in Tampa on July 6. Already I feel so much better--many of my aches and pains are gone, a weird vague, persistent abdominal pain that started after my ureteroscopy and laser lithotripsy to remove the 8 mm stone has completely gone away, and I'm HOPING that I'll be able to get off one or both of my blood pressure meds by the end of the year as many people can.

Well, that's about it for now. If you've been diagnosed with soft-tissue sarcoma, you are in great hands if you're at Emory, especially with the great doctors I mentioned above. I loved them both! Prayers for all who are battling sarcomas and cancers of all kinds.

Till next time,
Helen

No comments: