Friday, August 4, 2017

9 Years today since high grade soft-tissue sarcoma surgery and life is GREAT!!

Still alive and kicking! Life is good. Today is my 9-year anniversary of my surgery for soft tissue sarcoma, and my most recent CT (last week) is still clear. I had gotten lazy about the followups but was having a CT for an unrelated issue so I asked if they could just include the supposed-to-be-annual one till next summer CT of my lungs. ALL CLEAR. Woo-hoo!!

Me at Lover's Leap, Lookout Mountain, GA
enjoying the beautiful scenery after selling my house in
Atlanta. Taken June 2, 2017.

Mitch, Dan, Kendra, Me & Debbie - Dec. 9, 2016
Since my last post 4 years ago (!) lots has changed in my life, most significantly that my Mom passed away on Easter Sunday of 2015, and I moved in with my Dad after that, but God is good to us all and I have a job I love, I work with fabulous people and I'm still cancer-free. I also visited with some dear friends in Baltimore last December (a mini-dinner theatre reunion that was and WILL remain a highlight of all of our lives) and I sold my house in Atlanta at the end of May and then took a mini-vacation to Lookout Mountain and Chattanooga which was just the tiny getaway I needed. I really miss living in cooler climates with beautiful views. That's the thing I miss most about living in Baltimore, Milwaukee and Atlanta--the rolling hills and/or proximity to expansive inspiring views, whether farmland or hills/mountains.

Daniel McDonald & Me, 12/8/16

Kendra & Me
Kendra Keiser & me, 12/11/16
Mitch Nathan & Me, 12/10/16
Toby Hessenauer & Me, 12/9/16
Mitch Nathan, Mary Wright & Me 12/11/16
Mary Wright & Me, 12/11/16


Bubba, Dad & Me-Jan 14, 2017
Annual Family Christmas Party at Becky & Francis Giardina's house.
Andy Mayer, me, Weezy Coy & Dad (Arthur Sigur, Jr.) Dec. 17, 2016



Just wanted to give y'all hope if you've gotten a similar diagnosis. Life is short so enjoy every moment and stay close to God. Before Communion we Catholics say, "Lord, I am not worthy to receive You, but only say the word and MY SOUL shall be healed."  That's the most important thing to keep in mind in any prayers for cancer patients, including your own. Our bodies are mortal, so any healing is temporary. Pray for SPIRITUAL healing for your/the patient's immortal soul. Can't go wrong with that no matter what the prognosis! Spend time with your loved ones. Pick up the phone and call, or VISIT. RIGHT NOW!! Life is precious and there's no do-over. None of us know when it will be our last day, cancer or not. God bless you on your journey! All readers of this blog remain in my prayers. --Helen

No comments: