Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy, healthy and home!

Long time no post.... LOTS has happened since my last post in March, 2011. My last CT and checkup were in August just before I moved. I'm still cancer-free (now 3 years and 2 months), and doing GREAT!  A high school friend of mine created a full-time job for me which enabled me to move back home to New Orleans. I'll be using my first B.S. degree again now (advertising/journalism) instead of my music education degree, and I'll have a normal schedule so that I can have a LIFE for the first time since 2003.

I had lived out of state for 23 years and was never homesick until I got on Facebook in Feb. 2009, reconnected with my first love who came to my 30-year reunion with me last August, and started rekindling friendships and starting new ones with "old" acquaintances.

I moved back to New Orleans on the Feast of the Assumption (there's Our Lady again, always with me!) and have been singing regularly at the Vigil Mass at St. Anthony of Padua Church, which is just 3 minutes away from where I live. I've also subbed for the 11:00 pianist twice already since late August. On September 17, I went to a Dinner Theatre Reunion attended by over 200 fellow actors/actresses/directors who were involved in the theatre scene in Baltimore prior to 2001.


Me, Mitch & Mary at the Baltimore Dinner Theatre Reunion, 9/17/2011
 Stayed with my ex-husband Mitch, whom I hadn't seen since I left Baltimore in 1998, and it was very comfortable and fun, as though no time had passed at all. He picked me up at the airport on Friday night, and we stayed up till 3 a.m. talking. Went to brunch on Saturday, to an antique mall (like old times) where we spent the majority of the day looking around, and then to the reunion that night. Had a blast reconnecting with everyone. Then it was back to the airport the next day.

It's GREAT to be back home, and I'm amazed at how happy I still am. It's far better than I ever dreamed it would be. LOVING my new job, love my old-fashioned neighborhood and the amazing blessings that are being showered upon me every day.

No comments: