Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pictures from October 14

Here's what my leg looked like on October 14. It's far worse now (I actually posted this on the 27th.)
If you click on the pictures you can see them larger (yes, but why would you WANT to?)
I'm doing this to document what happens in radiation therapy. I get 1.8 Gys (Grays) per day, and my total dosage including the "boost" I got during my final week was 64.8 Gys. The wounds on my inner knee are from where I removed paper tape that was holding gauze pads to the back of my knee. When these pictures were taken, the triangular wound on my inner knee actually bothered me much more than the back of my knee. It was hard to sleep on either side because it hurt so badly (even covered.) That delicate skin was where the beams exited my leg, but it never hurt or looked blistered prior to my injuring it by removing the tape.

No comments: